Artisan Bookworks offers ‘Partnership’ publishing models. What this means: we are a publishing company and our authors pay to publish under our imprint. Because the author is absorbing the financial risk of their publishing endeavor, we are able to offer authors a higher percentage of royalties. Authors also have the ability to have their books pre-ordered; and we guide the process, ensuring there’s a cohesive vision and that all books are adhering to a level of quality that’s on par with traditional publishing.
Artisan Bookworks’s basic publishing service includes:
- Interior book layout
- Cover design
- Print-on-demand setup and distribution
- e-book file preparation and upload
- Proofreading of your final manuscript post-layout
- Fulfillment of all orders on short-run printed books
- Email support
DIY Marketing Extras
Once you’ve signed with Artisan Bookworks, we will provide you with the following templates to help you strategize your marketing plans:
- press release
- galley letter
- book fact sheet
- author questionnaire
Artisan Bookworks post-launch marketing includes:
- Reviewing your completed author questionnaire to help you flesh out information needed for marketing, developing your platform, identifying connections, etc.
- Highlighting your book in a biannual Artisan Bookworks catalog that will be mailed and/or emailed out to indie bookstores and librarians across the country.
- Working with you to write and/or edit your book synopsis (50- and 100-word versions) and your author biography (100 words) to make sure you are including key words and positioning your work to attract readers’ attention.
- Updating your bibliographic data in the ISBN database.
- Editing a marketing fact-sheet and press release for your book.
- Setting up your book for Amazon’s Search Inside the Book.
Artisan Bookworks offers the following additional services outside of the scope of our basic publishing package:
- Editorial and proofreading
- Pre-launch marketing booster
Pre-Launch Marketing/Publicity Booster
Artisan Bookworks also offers a Marketing/Publicity Booster for authors who would like a little extra help with their marketing efforts. The Booster is $999 and includes:
- A press release for your book.
- Email collaboration to refine the language for your press release, including the Q&A. (Our expectation is that this email correspondence not be unlimited. We will read your draft and ask for thoughts/input. We expect you to streamline your communication. Work on the release may entail but will not exceed a single half-hour phone call).
- A galley letter for your book, which goes out with your long-lead “galley” copies (to the outlets listed below and anywhere else you may decide to send long-lead galleys* to).
- A checklist of free and creative ways to promote your book.
- Mailing of your books (2 copies to each outlet) to the five top industry review sites, i.e. Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, Kirkus Reviews, Shelf Awareness, and Booklist.
*Long-lead mailings include any books sent out to reviewers or media three or more months prior to publication date.