Where the needs of the world and your talents cross, there lies your vocation. —Aristotle
Kelly Lenihan, author/editor/designer: Kelly has a B.A. in General Arts from the University of Washington as well as an Associates Degree in Business. Over the years, Kelly has worked as an associate editor, marketing manager, marketing collateral designer, publicist, web designer, and content manager.
After completing university, Kelly launched her own clothing business featuring original fabric designs gleaned from traditions and techniques around the globe. She eventually turned her focus to pottery and sold hand-painted ceramic pots in local garden centers and even garnered the attention of notable companies like Jackson & Perkins. Never losing her penchant for writing, She’s been published in various magazines and enjoyed her own newspaper column for several years. To this day, Kelly is an avid blogger and has several full-length books in the works along with more children’s picture books.
Throughout her life, this passion to write and to create has been the impetus for her life and career choices, including stints in editorial positions at magazines—both print and online—which eventually segued into the digital design world as she began overseeing corporate websites. Kelly’s innate curiosity fueled her desire to understand how websites were created, so she learned the intricacies of manipulating code, discovering yet another form to express her passion for design. She’s designed and developed over 75 websites, both hand-coded and on the WordPress platform.
The pull of creative writing has remained a common thread through everything she does, and when Kelly made the leap from corporate life to the creation of her own business in 2008, something came full circle. Now, not only can she infuse her love of design and the written word with her desire to serve and promote fellow creatives, she can do it in a way that is deeply satisfying both personally and professionally—straight from her heart.
Freelance Writing & Editorial, 1993 – present*
- Contributing writer: Showcase Magazine
- Contributing writer: Old Cannery Home Magazine
- Contributing writer: Pierce County Newcomer’s Guide
- Ghost write content for various blogs
- Editorial & book design: artisanbookworks.com
- Children’s author: kellylenihanbooks.com
- Food blogger/recipe developer: kellylenihan.com
- Editorial and content: Snohomish County Living
- Editorial and content: Skagit County Living
- Editorial and content: Craftopia, online craft magazine
- Editorial and content: PlantSource Journal, national horticultural trade magazine
- Editorial: Planned Giving Today
- Contributing writer: Ocean State Family
- Contributing writer: Birds & Blooms
- Bi-weekly newspaper column: Snoqualmie Valley Record “Kid’s Corner” focusing on global arts and crafts and exploring nature through science and art, including hands-on projects
* This is by no means a comprehensive list. Kelly has provided editorial for a variety of websites, blogs, and authors, as well as content writing and blog posts for numerous clients and publications over the years.
Check out what some of her happy clients have to say >>